Author Topic: Auto-invite inconsistent after 5.4.2  (Read 5582 times)

Offline Tehpounderer

• View Profile
Auto-invite inconsistent after 5.4.2
« on: December 11, 2013, 15:09:11 »
My guess is something with the new playername-realm format in chat is causing auto-invites to fail.  It is inconsistent though.  Works for some people, doesn't work for others.  To be extremely clear, one person whispers me the word "invite" and they get an invite, the next person does the same thing and they don't.

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Guild: Black Lotus
  • Server: Gordunni
Re: Auto-invite inconsistent after 5.4.2
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2013, 16:53:39 »
I'll try to test this, unfortunately I don't have 2 wow accounts any more, will look for someone to test, thank you
« Last Edit: December 12, 2013, 12:20:09 by Shurshik »

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 13, 2013, 15:44:04 »
Ok I found a change in release notes. So I'll fix it.

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 14, 2013, 15:40:53 »
Fixed. Let me know if you get an error with a new version

Offline Tehpounderer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2013, 15:20:31 »
It still seems to be working inconsistently and I haven't been able to discern a pattern.  20 out of 25 times it works like it should, but there are those 5 people who whisper me and do not get an auto-invite.  If you could suggest a way to troubleshoot this, let me know and I will try to get some information for you.  It just occurred to me that it might be related to the "Friends and Guildies only" checkbox.  I will turn that off and see if it behaves better and let you know.  If you can think of other things for me to try, let me know.   Thanks for everything!

Edit:  All these people are guildies and some are on my friends list, some are Battletag friends and some are RealID friends.  Anyway, just wanted to clarify.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2013, 15:22:04 by Tehpounderer »

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2013, 17:25:33 »
Thanks, I'll check how it works this weekend... I don't remember what is the difference for API between battletags and realid etc :)

UPD: I don't know what it can be, I've asked all my friends to whisp me "inv" and it works, will it check during other tests...
« Last Edit: December 21, 2013, 17:38:05 by Shurshik »

Offline Tehpounderer

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 21, 2013, 21:27:23 »
Thanks for checking it out.  If I can find some way to consistently reproduce it I will let you know.

Offline Tehpounderer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2014, 20:25:35 »
This definitely seems to be working well now.  The only problem I have now is related to coalesced realms.  I am on Eonar which was recently merged with Velen.  We have some new guildies that are on Velen.  When they whisper me for an invite I get a player not found message.  I'm sure this is because the invite is being issued without the realm attached.  It should invite using the format Player-Realm rather than just Player.

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2014, 10:42:19 »
Hi,

in this case it should be tested, I can give you a modified file (see in attachments) if you copy it in Addons\PhoenixStyle\Modules you will get some messages in chat when a player whisper you, if you could copy all those messages when autoinv doesn't work - I'll understand where is the problem...

Thank you:)

Update: but... I can get the server name only if the player is in friend list, usually you can't chat with other players from other realms, in this case... hmmmmm.

Maybe they changed some API, try to use this script with a player from another realm before you invite him:
/script local name, realm = UnitName("NAMEofTHEplayer") print (realm)

I don't see other new api :(
« Last Edit: January 17, 2014, 10:47:35 by Shurshik »

Offline Tehpounderer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 22, 2014, 01:13:10 »
Ok, sorry for the late response.

Here is what i copied from my chat:

got a message from: Xzeron
checking friend list
not found, checking battle net friends
invite1:Xzeron
[17:12] [Xzeron-Velen]: invite

Then the message, Cannot find player "Xzeron"

I did some fooling around with this and the only thing I could get to reliably work was grabbing the GUID of the unit who whispers me from the CHAT_MSG_WHISPER event and calling GetPlayerInfoByGUID with that to return the unit name and realm.  Then passing that to the InviteUnit() function, for example InviteUnit("Tehpounderer-Eonar"). 

Of note, you can pass the InviteUnit() function the realm of a player on your current realm and it works fine.  The GetPlayerInfoByGUID() function however returns an empty string in the realm argument if the player is on the same realm as you.

Hope this helps.

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 26, 2014, 19:47:11 »
I am doing some tests now. Found some errors, will update it in any case, let me know about new version...