Author Topic: CombatReplay addon  (Read 24090 times)

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Guild: Black Lotus
  • Server: Gordunni
CombatReplay addon
« on: May 23, 2013, 09:06:02 »
Info about new addon you can read here: http://www.phoenixstyle.com/CombatReplay.php
Change log is available here: http://www.phoenixstyle.com/CombatReplay_changelog.php

Donate:
If you like what I am doing... you can support me by donating, I'll be very happy and will work more :)
EURO, dollars.
Also post your feedback, I like read them:)

Things that I am planning to add:
if player id dead - show "skull" icon on the write frame + in the player's frame on the map
green = working on
++ = I would like to start soon
-- = low proirity

spells that boss is casting - mouse over info
Who target the target of the choosen player
If the player is casting a heal that will heal someone at the end of the cast - show who is "Heal target"
boss energy (done).
boss: his casts, buffs, target, assists (done).
track players marks and show them (done)
change structure of saving data of spells + track instance casts (done)
- buffs / debuffs - tooltip on mouse over. (done).
+ tool: you can click on two players and see distance between them (done).
+ cast spell history (next cast that will be casted, last casts that were done by chosen player / + bosses (done but may be improved).
-- save replay, export it, import it
-- many options (color, castbar, you can change the size of everything, delete combat etc)
play movie with different speed: x4, x8 (done)
+ room background. As we know, every room has its floor divided in sectors, and its cool to see them on videos! If someone can paint them - would be nice, if not - images from minimap will be used (to test)
- tool: check button "find players that are closer than * yd).
++ (long) show boss (algorytm that calculate boss position between melee players and tank + some special adjustment for every boss).
---- possibility to create "tactics" to share in real time with raid, import, export etc (big project)
---- possibility to create a map with players position and to save it with an event or to run "player position" in combat - everyone will get a little map that will show where he must be and where he is now
-- add buffs to track (filter by spellid or name)
-- add debuffs NOT to track
-- other options: death, offline
-- players buttons: possibility of sorting by class/name
-- flash of player's squares when they got important debuffs (with red,yellow) or buffs / debuffs added by user (green)
-- record boss warnings in chat and display them on replay / or save all raid chat?
+ timeline: when player dies (red) (added), important ability is casting (yellow), some important fails occurred (by PhoenixStyle) (blue), event added by user occurred (green)
++when boss dies - tracker will stop
+ if every player in raid have the same debuff - show it in the right bottom corner as raid debuff
--possibility to not track combat automatically, instead have a button "record" only by pressing it you will track current fight...
--button "add mark to the timeline", when you click it, it will add a mark with * color to the timeline, so you can easy find the position after fight.
-- show more then 1 player at the same moment to compare them.
-- when you mouseover "who is targetting the boss" you will see additional info (players list will be highlighted)

UI:
- window size can be changed (I'll add some possibilities such as 1000x1000 800x800 etc) (done but may be improved).
- boss model (done) / player model icon
-- more more graphic, change buttons from "Play" to image ">" etc (if someone want to create an own graphic - contact me)
-- minimap button

Other:
-- if this idea will get many positive feedback (after I finish it) - a website can be created to export replays, save them and share with others.

Download alpha to check it:
attention, when you update addon - don't run combats saved with previous version, usually I make changes that broke saved combats.
sometimes I can upload corrupt version, sorry, its alpha +_+
download page: http://www.phoenixstyle.com/downloads.php

NEED YOUR HELP:
http://www.phoenixstyle.com/files/upl_images/CombatReplay_BossRooms.jpg

Do you like air view images? I need them for all bosses, share them with me!:)
« Last Edit: July 18, 2013, 13:19:31 by Shurshik »
As I do not play WoW anymore I can't spend too much time on updating, more info how you can help: http://phoenixstyle.com/help.php

You can post in russian, italian and english languages

Offline thenadalady

• View Profile
  • Guild: Midnight Carnival
  • Server: Khaz Modan
Re: CombatReplay addon
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2013, 16:56:17 »
I love the intent of this addon but it's missing two key functions that make it really hard to use.

1. It auto-sizes to cover your entire screen, on top, instead of a set size.
2. You can't close it. If there is an X button with which to close it it's being obscured because of the Autosize. I was forced to log out in order to close it.

I look forward to seeing how it progresses.

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2013, 17:09:00 »
Strange, it has a close button in the top right corner.. you can move the frame and close it, yes, it has big size but its set to 1000 x 950px (no autosize o_O), if you don't use zoom its ok for major screens... I want to add possibility to change the size soon
As I do not play WoW anymore I can't spend too much time on updating, more info how you can help: http://phoenixstyle.com/help.php

Offline Boomkinhero

• View Profile
  • Guild: Paradigm Shift
  • Server: Stormrage
« Reply #3 on: May 27, 2013, 22:40:14 »
It would be nice to be able to draw a circle around a certain person, so you know things like who is within X yards etc.
Also showing tooltips for buffs/debuffs shown within the module would be nice!

I love what you're doing here though, fucking awesome!

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2013, 02:07:29 »
Tooltip - I can add that standard, that shows what spell does... But saving a tooltip for every debuff... it needs a lot of memory :/
radius trackers... I have nice ideas, I'll add this a little later

Thanks :) after every message with word "awesome" - I spend 5 minutes more for the addon :DD

Offline Ninjouz

• View Profile
  • Guild: Wraith
  • Server: Sargeras
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2013, 14:22:10 »
Hey !

Maybe you can just create the tooltip on mouseover (i'm sure you save the spellId as we can see the icon related when a player is casting something). It would be really really nice in fact !

It would be really nice if you could try guessing where the boss at. Maybe with tracking SWING damage and like I hinted on MMOC with range indicator on personal spells.

I dont know if this suggestion fits with any of your objective :
I'd like to filter & track a debuff on every raiders at the same time (with time remaining). Many with a highlight on a map to see who got the debuff and where they were.

Aside from that, every seems to work perfectly. Once again, awesome work ;)
« Last Edit: June 17, 2013, 14:45:44 by Ninjouz »

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2013, 09:17:24 »
Maybe you can just create the tooltip on mouseover
Yes, I'll add this soon :)

It would be really nice if you could try guessing where the boss at.
It's very very difficult calculation, so I am adding other thing at the moment, but yes... one time I'll add this too =)

I'd like to filter & track a debuff on every raiders at the same time (with time remaining). Many with a highlight on a map to see who got the debuff and where they were.
hmmmm I have to think about this... maybe debuffs can be clickable? You click on it and see everyone on the map highlight with player name and time under it... Hm hm hm
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 13:52:52 by Shurshik »

Offline Ninjouz

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2013, 12:24:52 »
Yeah u know, like in LeiShen fight : several people can get a debuff (at the same moment) lasting 8 sec named Static Shock that does 3M damage at expiration shared among all players in a 8 yards radius.

It would be nice to track this in real time while replaying the fight via CombatReplay !

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2013, 13:52:04 »
At the moment you can see them by icons, if your bossmod set icons on players with debuffs (I'll add a possibility to create the list of important debuffs too, but not now).

So, the idea to click on debuff and see all players with this debuff and time is ok? :)

Offline Ninjouz

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2013, 14:10:29 »
Yeah but many guilds dont use the raid marking option from BW as it can be spammy (but useful sometimes yet) or those markers used for something else as assignements.

The idea is to FILTER IN a debuff (or buff) with its name or its spellId as you wish and to track all people getting this while replaying : highlight on those in the map and names/duration on the right panel.

You think it's possible to implement ?

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2013, 14:34:25 »
I'll think about it, can't answer now :)

Offline Ninjouz

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2013, 18:36:30 »
Ok ok :) as long as you're considering it :)

Does your first page is up to date ? I'll try to think about features that can be needed from a raid leader's perspective that you haven't thought about yet !

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2013, 21:08:24 »
Yes, its up to date, some features missing because I am thinking how to do them :)

But in summer I don't have enough time :/

p.s. just tested: http://www.phoenixstyle.com/files/upl_images/CombatReplay_BossRooms.jpg
« Last Edit: June 18, 2013, 22:23:18 by Shurshik »

Offline Ninjouz

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 19, 2013, 12:01:15 »
Looking great so far !

Offline Ninjouz

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 20, 2013, 12:51:13 »
Hey Shurshik,

Dont know if it's intended, but while replaying, unlike casters and healers, i can't see melee actions (spell use).

Seems to be OK for enhance shamans though.