Author Topic: self-reported blood death count  (Read 4710 times)

Offline Shibumi

• View Profile
  • Guild: Riot
  • Server: Gorefiend
self-reported blood death count
« on: March 02, 2012, 22:45:08 »
For Spine, there is the option to show the count of dead Bloods. I turned that on for our first attempts at Heroic Spine last night. I can't be more specific than this, but when I moved the Amalgamation over to the puddles, it was often able to reach 9 stacks before the addon was printing 9 deaths.

Is it possible there's an issue with it tracking those for deaths that occur very close together?

I was also thinking of how it might be able to automatically reduce that number, say, by subtracting n where n is the number of stacks received by an Amalgamation that then subsequently cast Nuclear Blast (might be wrong name). The issue with that might be if the Amalgamations can still soak up puddles without gaining stacks after 9. I'm not sure about that. I guess that also would only work for the tank holding the Amalgamation as finding it in the raid's targets would be very resource intensive.

As you said, there is the command to reset the global variable you're using and I do have that bound and have used it. My main concern is what appears to be an innacuracy with the death count.

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Guild: Black Lotus
  • Server: Gordunni
Re: self-reported blood death count
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2012, 14:54:25 »
I'll make some changes to it, will see how it`s helps

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2012, 20:35:30 »
In next version addon should (I hope) counts bloods which released too. So it must be more accurate, also added (on ground: n) info

Offline Shibumi

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 09, 2012, 01:54:30 »
I should be able to see how this improves tonight, thanks!

Offline Shibumi

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 10, 2012, 19:09:09 »
It was definitely much improved, but the dead on the ground count seemed to be off by one or two on the first amalgamation and then very off after that. There were several times I took the amalgamation over when the mod said 10 or as much as 11 and wasn't able to get 9 stacks on it.

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2012, 19:14:16 »
I'll test it in my raid one more time... oh :(

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 20, 2012, 13:11:46 »
in lfr and normal mod it worked fine for me :( I killed blood where it spawn and addon counts it well... may be there is something in heroic, but I raid only in pug, so I'll never see it :)