Author Topic: Tainted global variables  (Read 3955 times)

Offline sp00n

• View Profile
Tainted global variables
« on: January 04, 2012, 13:08:23 »
Multiple entries for tainted variables in both PhoenixStyle and RaidSlackCheck:

Global variable pscheckprecastnotboss tainted by PhoenixStyle - Interface\AddOns\PhoenixStyle\PhoenixStyle.lua:2767 PhoenixStyle_OnEvent()
   PhoenixStyleFailbot:OnEvent()
Global variable psthiscombatwipe tainted by PhoenixStyle - Interface\AddOns\PhoenixStyle\PhoenixStyle.lua:2786 PhoenixStyle_OnEvent()
Global variable psdeathwaiting tainted by PhoenixStyle - Interface\AddOns\PhoenixStyle\PhoenixStyle.lua:2789 PhoenixStyle_OnEvent()
Global variable psnewbossforincombmod tainted by PhoenixStyle - Interface\AddOns\PhoenixStyle\PhoenixStyle.lua:2791 PhoenixStyle_OnEvent()
Global variable psanonceinst tainted by PhoenixStyle - Interface\AddOns\PhoenixStyle\PhoenixStyle.lua:2797 PhoenixStyle_OnEvent()
Global variable pscheckbossincombat tainted by PhoenixStyle - Interface\AddOns\PhoenixStyle\PhoenixStyle.lua:2756 PhoenixStyle_OnEvent()
Global variable pscheckbusboss1 tainted by PhoenixStyle - Interface\AddOns\PhoenixStyle\PhoenixStyle.lua:2757 PhoenixStyle_OnEvent()
Global variable pscheckbusboss12 tainted by PhoenixStyle - Interface\AddOns\PhoenixStyle\PhoenixStyle.lua:2758 PhoenixStyle_OnEvent()
Global variable pscmrdelayofbosccheck tainted by PhoenixStyle - Interface\AddOns\PhoenixStyle\PhoenixStyle.lua:2759 PhoenixStyle_OnEvent()
Global variable pscmrdelayofbosccheck_2 tainted by PhoenixStyle - Interface\AddOns\PhoenixStyle\PhoenixStyle.lua:2760 PhoenixStyle_OnEvent()
Global variable pscmrdelayofbosccheck_3 tainted by PhoenixStyle - Interface\AddOns\PhoenixStyle\PhoenixStyle.lua:2761 PhoenixStyle_OnEvent()

Global variable rscdelaycheckbossbegin tainted by RaidSlackCheck - Interface\AddOns\RaidSlackCheck\RaidSlackCheck.lua:2910 rscnewcombatstart()
    Interface\AddOns\RaidSlackCheck\RaidSlackCheck.lua:653 rsc_OnEvent()
    rscframe:OnEvent()
Global variable rsclastfightdelay tainted by RaidSlackCheck - Interface\AddOns\RaidSlackCheck\RaidSlackCheck.lua:2918 rscnewcombatstart()
    Interface\AddOns\RaidSlackCheck\RaidSlackCheck.lua:653 rsc_OnEvent()
    rscframe:OnEvent()
Global variable rsccheckbossincombat tainted by RaidSlackCheck - Interface\AddOns\RaidSlackCheck\RaidSlackCheck.lua:662 rsc_OnEvent()
    rscframe:OnEvent()Execution tainted by Ace3 while reading ChatEdit_UpdateHeader - Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3671 ChatEdit_ResetChatType()
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3652 ChatEdit_OnShow()
    ChatFrame1EditBox:OnShow()
    ChatFrame1EditBox:Show()
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3709 ChatEdit_ActivateChat()
    Interface\FrameXML\ChatFrame.lua:3359 ChatFrame_OpenChat()
    OPENCHAT:1

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Guild: Black Lotus
  • Server: Gordunni
Re: Tainted global variables
« Reply #1 on: January 04, 2012, 14:51:45 »
I am trying to undersand what is "tainted" and how to fix this...
I read this http://www.wowpedia.org/Secure_Execution_and_Tainting buuut.. for the moment nothing.. :)

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Guild: Black Lotus
  • Server: Gordunni
« Reply #2 on: January 04, 2012, 17:17:03 »
Ok, I asked my friend about this. And he said that this problem is 99% not PS but 1 of the addon that use "on event" function before mine and tainted it.

There are many topics in internet such as http://forums.wowace.com/showthread.php?t=10033

It`s not important error, but to understand it I need to check it with all your addons... If you want you can zip your Addon folder and upload it here...

Offline Shibumi

• View Profile
  • Guild: Riot
  • Server: Gorefiend
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2012, 07:43:47 »
As far as I know, there are some issues affecting secure execution paths that haven't been fixed yet. One I can name off the top of my head is the one that ends up causing the Glyph interface to stop working. I'm not sure if the issue is addon code that needs to be updated to new standards, or something Blizzard needs to fix, though.

So as your friend said: you're probably not the one that caused it. However, if someone else has this issue later, you can get them to use the taint log to get more detailed info. It looks like that's what the OP might have done, but for your reference (if you didn't know :) ).

http://www.wowpedia.org/CVar_taintLog
« Last Edit: February 12, 2012, 07:59:09 by Shibumi »