Author Topic: Sulfura + Magma Trap question  (Read 6776 times)

Offline Cederien

• View Profile
  • Guild: wind of perdition
  • Server: Zirkel des Cenarius
Sulfura + Magma Trap question
« on: August 15, 2011, 12:39:56 »
Hi,

in the Ragnaros fight I'm wondering what the "Sulfuras" fail indicates? It's obviously different from "Sulfuras smash" but I'm unsure what it indicates. (Standing in the lava pools forming at the point where Sulfuras is coming down perhaps?)

I'm also wondering how exactly the "Magma Trap" fail is determined. Does it flag only people that trigger it right after it became active (i.e. people that obviously failed to run out in time) or do you employ some other scheme to distinguish who intentionally detonated a trap and who didn't (like checking for falling damage after the trap was triggered)?

Thanks,

Ced

Offline Shurshik

• Administrator
    • View Profile
  • Guild: Black Lotus
  • Server: Gordunni
Re: Sulfura + Magma Trap question
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2011, 14:20:46 »
Hi,

Sulfuras does damage to everyone who come very close when it is on the ground...
link http://www.wowhead.com/spell=101231
The searing heat of Sulfuras inflicts 68250 to 71750 Fire damage to enemies who get too close, knocking them back.

Magma trap fail (in after fight report) means player doesn`t run away from the place where magma trap was lunched, he get additional damage + triggered instant explosion. It`s rare fail, as I see in our raids..
Info who triggered it and who died from it you can find only in "in combat info"

Offline Cederien

• View Profile
  • Guild: wind of perdition
  • Server: Zirkel des Cenarius
Re: Sulfura + Magma Trap question
« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2011, 14:19:25 »
Thanks for the clarification. The Sulfuras bit is rather interesting, seems like something most guides omit.